Free School Meals
The school operates a cashless catering system so students can have their account credited without other children knowing. Free school meals are worth £2.30 a day - £437 a year - so it is clearly in the family's interest to take up their entitlement.
If you receive any of the following benefits then your child will be entitled:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income under £16,190
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- The new Employment and Support Allowance (ESA/IR)
You may still be eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit and have recently reduced your hours to less than 16 hours per week or have become unemployed.
For more information contact the Free School Meal Team on 01604 236656.