Student Voice and Student Council
At Campion School we believe that the development of student leadership skills is essential in ensuring that our students are prepared for the future.
Campion’s Student Council is chaired by the Student Involvement Coordinator (the gap year student working at school). Two Student Voice members representing each year group are voted in by other members at the beginning of September to form the Student Council for the year.
The Student Council invites members of staff to attend meetings to discuss particular issues relating to their specific subject along with open-floor discussions to cover everyone’s issues.
Both the Student Voice and Student Council meet once a month. The Sixth Form also has a Senate which meets on a monthly basis. The Senate is comprised of a representative and a deputy from each form in the Sixth Form and discusses Sixth Form specific topics and issues.
The aims of all of these entities are:
- To develop student involvement across the school.
- To give students a say in the development of all aspects of school life.
- To develop Inter-House activities.
- To enable students to raise issues that are important to them.
- To develop student leadership opportunities for all students.