Parent Support Advisor
I would like to introduce myself as the Parent Support Advisor at Campion School. My name is Selina Robinson-Bailey and having worked in education for the last eight years and as a parent myself, I have gained insight and experience from both sides.
I believe it is key for parents and students to be supported and build positive relationships with the school and its staff. Communication is a vital part of your child's success.
My role as a PSA is to assist in tackling underachievement by working in partnership with families, parents, carers and students in Campion School and linked primary schools to enable pupils to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning and participation.
My key roles will be—
- To work with parents to identify why their children are not achieving full attendance
- To carry out home visits to support parents in encouraging their children to maintain regular attendance
- To arrange Parenting Contracts
- To provide impartial information on referrals to parents about the school and relevant local services that are available to parents and to children
- To support parents of children/young people with early signs of social, emotional, health or behavioural issues and with them, school staff and any other support agencies.
If you would like to speak to me regarding any of the information above please contact me at the school on 01604 833900 or by email email@example.com